We concentrate on the acquisition and preservation of properties, placing the acquired properties at the disposal of user groups with a view to long-term occupation and usage for socially compatible purposes. This arrangement may take the form of the granting of a long-term building lease, right of abode, assignment of beneficial use, Miet-Eigentum (a special type of lease whereby the tenant enjoys the benefit of additional rights but the Foundation retains the title to the property), leasehold or rent. As a general rule, therefore, the Foundation does not run or manage residential or workplace-related projects, but places the required land or buildings at the disposal of others. We provide the appropriate framework and know-how for those wishing to realize a project connected with real estate and at the same enable the long-term safeguarding of a property and its social, non-speculative utilization. The Foundation views itself as a partner in regard to project development, to formulating alternative legal forms and financing models, to drafting contracts, and to devising self-administrative structures.
Property acquisition is focused on Switzerland and the neighbouring countries.
Any cooperation with Stiftung Edith Maryon requires that the Foundation is, or will become, the owner of the land. In the case of new acquisitions the Foundation expects the applicants to furnish or raise a financial contribution. This contribution will be specified individually and may amount to a reduction in the selling price, for example, or a partial buyout, a donation, an interest-free loan, or a bequest. The chief motiv of cooperation should not be financial needs or expectations, but the ambition to supporting the Foundation’s objectives. Applications which mainly ask for safeguarding project funding, have no chances of success.
As a rule, the Foundation does not make loans. Nor does it assume running or operational costs of any kind, or fund the acquisition, the retrofit or reconstruction of properties by applicants or third parties.
Project inquiries and requests should initially be made by phone or e-mail for the purpose of clarification, followed by the submission of a written application (see required information for applications besides).
Required Information for Applications
- Project description and presentation of concept
- Presentation of initiators (initiating group); annual reports and articles of corporation/society (if project initiated by an institution)
- Project costs and financing plan including own resources
- Abstract of current land register
- Location plan (scale 1 : 500)
- Details about the legal situation of the property (building law) and the municipal planning goals and restrictions
- Proof of current insurance coverage for buildings
- Market value appraisal (if available)
- Plans and pictures of the property
- Listing of tenant occupation (applicable to multi-party dwelling houses only)
Download Brochure (German)
Download Annual Reports (German)
Download Stiftungsurkunde (German)
Stiftung Edith Maryon
Theaterstrasse 4 | Postfach 2108
- +41 (0)61 - 263 06 25
- +41 (0)61 - 263 06 27